Monday, March 21, 2011

Sesilie Renee Neus

Okay so I'm a little behind even for this post but I feel like I need to hurry and get this one done and then I can back track at my convenience. So here is the story of Sesilie's birth. My due date was February 6th. I had a doctor's appointment the next day on the 7th. At my appointment Dr. Tutt asked what I wanted to do; if I wanted to wait a few days and see, if he wanted me to have him set an induction date, etc. I told him I really didn't care, I just didn't want to have the baby the 12th-14th. He said, why don't I call down to the hospital and see what is available. When I came out of the room he asked how was 8pm that night. I was like sure. I wasn't expecting it to be so soon. I left and went home to get everything ready to have a baby.
Here I am that evening before we went in. That night I called in at 7pm to make sure I could come in. When I called they said that they just had a rush of people come in and that they'd call when there was a bed available. Well at about 11:45 that night they called and said to come on in for my induction. We got there at 12am and got admitted. I got into the room and got all hooked up to the pictocin and an antibiotic. I tried to get a little sleep but then around 3am I woke up because the contractions got too uncomfortable. For the next 30 minutes I tried to figure out if I needed an epidural or if I could wait. I finally decided I was done, and asked for an epidural. Around 4am I finally got it and let me tell you I love the relief of no contractions especially pictocin contractions, those stink. A little after 6am Dr. Tutt came in and broke my water. This time I called my mom and let her know so she wouldn't miss Sesilie coming like she did Matthew. Anyway, again I tried to get a little sleep. Around 7am I started feeling contractions on my left side and they were pretty strong and quite frequent. I also started feeling a lot of pressure, this I remember from when I had Matthew, so I had a feeling I was ready. Of course it was shift change so I had to wait about 10 minutes for the nurse to come in. Instead of telling her I was ready, I just said my epidural is wearing off on my left side. She asked if I had pushed the button, didn't realize I had a button, could have used that knowledge when I had Abby, oh well. Anyway, she said well let me check you first, I was complete. She told me not to push and started getting everything ready. Dr. Tutt had run home to shower real quick, he'd been on-call all night, and they said he'd be there in about 15 minutes. I was like seriously, because feeling the contractions on one side was quite painful, I know at least I had something. Finally, Dr. Tutt got there and I got ready to push, I started to push and my mom was like oh there's the head. So I kind of stopped pushing not remembering what I was supposed to do. Do I keep pushing, do I wait until the Dr. gets the shoulders out, so I kind of pushed a little more and she just slipped out, no episiotomy! (Just a small tear). That was the best delivery ever she came out on like a half push!
She was born at 7:28am weighing 5lbs. 14 oz. and 19 3/4 in. I know she is tiny. I was shocked when they said she was that small. She has been my smallest so far. I had to go buy premie clothes because everything I had was huge on her.
What a little cutie.
Mom and baby doing just fine.
Hello world!
Sawyer was so excited to have a new baby sister. She told my mom when she drove her to school that it was the best day ever. She had a new sister and she got to eat lunch in the classroom while watching a movie! Here she is later that day with her baby sister.Not the greatest picture but all I've got right now. Here are my girls!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

holy crap!! i didn't even know you were pregnant again. i guess it goes to show how often you update this thing. haha. well, congrats. another baby girl. so exciting. im glad you're all doing well.

how to hill said...

Aw little sesilie is precious! I can't wait to meet her! What a cute family you have : )