Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Turkey Trot

On Thanksgiving morning our family goes to the Turkey Trot. We have been doing this for quite a few years. We rode our bikes there as a family, and then I ran the 2mi. run with Aubs. After the 10K we went back to my house where we cooked omlettes and had muffins. Afterwards we went to Brendon's brother's house for lunch with his family. Then later that night we went to my mom's to eat a light dinner, and the kids made turkey cookies. Overall it was a good day, even if I was a little bit tired. I decided as I was up late the night before making stuff for Thanksgiving, that holidays just aren't as fun as when you were a little kid. Now I have to do all the work, and then I'm tired the next day. Oh well, I'm willing for my family.
I run the 2 mi every year, except for twice I decided to be crazy and run the 10K, and Aubs is my partner. We both didn't run it last year because Aubs was on her mission and I was ready to go down to see Matthew at the hospital, he'd just been extubated!
Here is Ruth and Sawyer getting ready to make their turkey cookies.Trevor and Neil showing off their creations.

No comments: