Sunday, February 08, 2009

Finally!

A lot of Sawyer's friends, cousins, and kids at church her age have lost teeth. She kept wondering when she finally would. I kept explaining to her that we all are different and lose our teeth at different times. She has had a loose tooth for a couple weeks and it finally got loose enough to pull out. That whole thing kind of grossed Brendon and I out so we decided his mom would be the one. She is really good at it and has pulled out many of her grandchildren's teeth. Well, it was practically out and turning a funny color so I tried it just like Grandma Neus does. I asked Sawyer to go get me a kleenex because I wanted to look at it. I put the kleenex over her tooth and wiggled it a little bit and pulled up. She was like ow, ow, ow until I pulled up. She was about to complain and look at it in the mirror but when she looked the tooth was gone. She had no idea I had pulled it out until she looked. She was so excited and couldn't stop smiling.


Just a Cute Picture

Abby is crazy and runs around and does whatever she wants. Half the time we wonder what is going through her crazy little head. The other night she was in the bath. Mind you she stopped eating to go take a bath. Right when she was done instead of getting dressed she ran straight to the table to finish eating. Everything was pushed back so, as you can see she helped herself.
How Matthew is Doing

Matthew is doing really well. He is getting bigger, he is now 11 pounds 11 ounces. He is also getting stronger. He is lifting his head a lot more and has more energy. On Tuesday he saw the physical therapist. She last saw him a month ago and he was still very weak (it was before he started getting more food). She could see a difference in him and was very pleased with how alert he was. The Speech Therapist also saw him that day. She said he did a good job sucking on the pacifier and he was even using the rooting reflexes and tongue movements when she would put sugar water on his lips. She said that if he continues to do well instead of doing the x-ray of his swallow in 2 months they would re-do it in one month. So, I was really excited about that and hope that that is how it all plays out in a month. I feel like he is doing really well and I am very happy with his progress. We still have a ways to go to get caught up but he is improving which is all I can ask for. That is all for now.Matthew at 3 months

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to thank you guys for a wonderful primary activity today. It was so much fun for the kids. When we were leaving, E said, 'I didn't know it was going to be like that. It was so much fun!' Thanks for all your hard work and planning!

Bobs said...

Elyza lost her 1st tooth in aug. but it was not ready to come out. It was nocked out. I have a feeling it will be a while for the tooth to grow in. Oh Well. she was excited about it anyway.

Also, I tagged you. Look at my blog.