Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Sawyer my Little Entrepreneur

Matthew had an appointment with his pediatrician on Monday. It was just a follow-up and his 4 month check up. He no longer has monthly visits with his pediatrician. He is now to regular visits since his weight is normal. Anyway, when I got home Sawyer was set up out front at my parents house selling lemons.
She had already made $3.00 by the time I had gotten there. She was kind of sad because she said she wanted to make more.
She asked if she could go door to door and sell lemons. Grandma and I were like no lets go eat and get ready for school. Well, she was bound and determined so she got a bag full of 10 lemons and set off for the Slushers. Kim is so sweet so of course she bought them off Sawyer. She comes back saying I told you it would work. She then bummed $1.00 off her Grandma because she is a sucker. She now had $5.00. I hear her go out the front door. I think she is going to sell more lemons door to door. I go out there and she is across the street bargaining for a toy. They had a yard sale over the weekend and they were trying to get rid of left overs.
She went over there and came home with this big dog she had been eyeing all weekend. I told her it was not coming home. She said I know. I asked how much she paid for it. She said it was $4.00. Now I knew why $3.00 was not enough. I was kind of sad because I thought all her money was gone. Come to find out she took a quarter over there, and bought it for that. Originally they were trying to sell it for $4.00. Not only did she work to earn more but she also bargained and bought something for a quarter, go Sawyer.

1 comment:

LiciRae said...

One thing I realize about your girls, they will have no problem getting what they want out of life. What a great value! They have great determination and self confidence. I love our little car rides home with Sawyer and the great ideas she has... and Abby, for the few hours I spend with her on Sunday's, lets just say I don't know how you keep her busy enough! What a spitfire personality!