I am so far behind on posts that it is overwhelming and I haven't been doing it. So I am going to try to get caught up. Quite a bit has been going on the last few weeks. First we will start off with Sawyer.
Sawyer
March 12th
March 12th
Sawyer had track and field day at her school. She got to go to school in the morning and was so excited about this event. I braved taking Abby who runs around everywhere and Matthew who hardly moves at all down to watch her. She had a good time and did pretty good. I missed a few of the events but they did an obstacle course, shot put, potato sack races, wall climbing, shot put with a shoe on their feet, ball toss, and a few others. It was fun, I'm glad I was able to go and watch her have a good time.
Sawyer on the rock climbing wall
Sawyer on the obstacle course
Abby got locked in the stroller because the first thing she did when she got out was run out on the obstacle course and I had to chase her down. So she got locked in. I tried to take a picture of her but she wasn't happy and kept saying, "No picture!"
Afterwards they got orange slices and water, yummy!
Spring Break March 16-20
Sawyer had a great time on Spring Break. We stayed very busy. I had appointments for Matthew so Monday afternoon the girls went to grandma Evans'. While there grandpa decided to take Sawyer, Ruth, Neil, and Payton to the movies. They spent about 3-4 hours hanging out with grandpa. By the time they all got home we had pizza at grandma's with all our cousins. Tuesday we went to grandma's in the morning because Matthew had therapy. She got to play there for a good part of the day. Wednesday I had a day to hang out with my girlfriends. We went over to Michelle Ballantyne's and got to play with friends and eat. Thursday we dropped dad off to go to Mountain Man and Sawyer and Abby were not happy. They were both whining. Before we left Sawyer was hiding Brendon's stuff so he couldn't go. Anyway, I wasn't about to take them home crying so we stopped at the park. I told Sawyer we could drag their mattresses into the living room and watch a movie and sleep there. Later we cleaned up and invited Ruth over for the spend the night. We made spaghetti and had Grandma and Grandpa Evans' over for dinner. They brought a movie and dessert. It was a fun night.
Friday we went over to play at Grandma Evans' so I could go to the gym. Then that night Sawyer went to Grandma Neus' to have a sleep over with Chloe and Lauryn at Grandma's. They ate hot dogs and made bracelets. They got to color and watch movies. The next morning Grandma and Grandpa Neus took them to the movies. What a fun and exciting week. I was glad not to have to worry about school but boy were we busy doing things. Plus being a single mom for a few days wasn't fun.
Abigail
What can I say about Abby. Most of my time with her is trying to keep her out of trouble. She is getting better about that. The last few days she has been wearing panties for part of the day and doing a pretty good job. I took juice and candy away unless she went potty. She used to ask for it and I would say okay we need to go potty and then she would say no candy, no juice. I guess she got sick of not being able to have juice and candy because now she asks for it and will go potty to get it. She is a mess. She constantly has a dirty face. I wash it off and then next thing I know it has stuff all over it, whether it is food, dirt, or some other substance. Here are various pictures of her on different occasions.
Matthew
Matthew is doing quite well. He is getting stronger, but still behind developmentally. He is also getting quite chunky even though he is still small for his age. He is holding his head up a bit more and using his stomach muscles or trying to. Also, this past week the speech therapist cleared me to start working with him using a bottle with thick liquids. He wasn't sucking very well so at first we were just squeezing drops into his mouth and letting him swallow, but now he knows what the bottle is all about and is sucking it dry (1 oz.) and is wanting more. He is tolerating it very well. The first few times he was sucking we only did a little but he is doing better. It makes me feel like finally there is an end in sight with this feeding tube. We saw the Neurologist and he is concerned with his development thus far. So he ordered more labs, an MRI, and referred us to a Geneticist. We will see what happens from there. I finally gave him his first hair cut. It was hard because it was his cute baby hair, but it wasn't looking so cute. It was getting way too long on top. Also, now that he is moving his head more he was starting to get bald spots. Plus he was just losing it and so I needed to clean it up a bit.
Matthew getting his first haircut 3-7-09
Before
After
I cut a little more that I was wanting especially off the top, oh well.
Just some cute pictures of my sweethearts!
1 comment:
This sleeping picture is sooo sweet.
Post a Comment