Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Give Me a Heart Attack!


The other day I was at my mom's visiting with her. Abby was outside in the backyard playing. As I was sitting in the living room with talking to my mom we hear someone on the roof. I was like oh no Abby is on the roof. I ran outside as fast as I could and I went up on the roof expecting Abby to be on the flat part or the lower part.
No she was on the highest peak. She was about halfway up one side just looking out checking out the scene. I was like okay if I run after her she is going to keep going up and over to the other side. So I'm like Abby come here, stop, don't go, come here. Well, she just smiles and starts to run up and over to the other side. I booked it from where I was and caught her a few feet down from the peak on the other side where it is straight down. Leave it up to my Abby to figure that one out. I'm just glad I caught her before anything else happened. The gate is now locked up and she can't get up there. Or she hasn't tried anymore since this day.


Many of you have read this story on my mom's blog, but since this is my journal I needed to document it on my blog. So to save time I just posted a link to my mom's blog. So if you have seen it on her blog, don't read it here.

http://wandpevans.blogspot.com/

It is titled Abigail the Fearless
Sunday March 1, 2009

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! She's quite the handful! I'm glad she's ok (and that you are too). How did you convince her to get down?

Brendon and Carrie said...

I chased after her because she didn't stop. Luckily I got her before she got too far.

M Evans said...

you guys should probably stop chasing her at all since she thinks its so funny, Myles would do that with Ayden and he almost got hit by a car once.

Kristen said...

So my question is...WHY did you let her back out into the yard alone after that then again after she tried the gate again? Just wondering! :)

Shalice said...

Stop it... on the roof? My stomach was hurting while I was reading. And I thought Kaden was a handful. Sawyer will make a great business woman.

Peter Lee Family said...

While that story doesn't surprise me-HOLY COW! She is so cute and she looks so innocent but yet is so deceiving!