2 weeks ago
Thursday, September 10, 2009
I Know Shocking
I know I'm a little ahead of my monthly post, but I actually had time today believe it or not. I just may have gotten the time I need to keep up on this a little more frequently. I am really going to try on this especially because the next few months are going to get busy with all my children's birthday's coming up and the holiday season, can't wait. I just had to also write down my scary moment yesterday. It was about noon and I was going to be going to Walmart to get Abby her stuff for school. I had just fed Matthew and put him down to play. I was in my room doing some laundry when I heard Abby out in the back dumping out the dog's water. I went out and she also hadn't closed the door, so I closed it and went to water the dog. Isn't this always when I get into trouble, when I go to water the dog? Dang dog. Anyway, Abby tries to get in and says it's locked. I try and sure enough the door is locked. We have a wood stick that must have fallen when I closed the door and we were locked out. I go to the garage and that door has the child safety lock on, as does the front door, along with the deadbolt. I look at the front window the top lock is unlocked and I get all excited until I look at the bottom and it's locked. I then try the girl's and Matthew's windows, both locked. I am hot and freaking out because Molly and Matthew are inside. My phone, and keys are all inside. Not that it would matter if I had keys because all the child locks are on. I go to the garage door with the child lock and I start banging hoping the lock will pop open, no luck. Then I go to the back door and keep opening and closing the door hoping that the stick will fall, again no such luck. I could open the top a bit so I was even trying to stick a golf club and wood stick in there to try and knock the wood off the door. I also tried calling Molly to come and maybe do something. Nothing was working. I really start freaking out because I don't know how to get in. I think, well aside from breaking something I am out of options. I then say a prayer because I didn't know what to do and I needed help big time. After the prayer I thought okay I haven't tried the kitchen window, so I find a screw driver and pop off the screen and it's locked. Then I get the feeling to try my bedroom window. I feel like it's a lost cause but it is my last option. Amazingly, it is unlocked, which is strange because usually it is locked. I was able to get into my house with out breaking something and then causing a financial hardship. I was so thankful to my Heavenly Father, I immediately said a prayer of thanks. It was a scary 30-40 minutes, thankfully it worked out in the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That was a great story. Not great that it happened, but great that everything worked out in the end. Isn't it so comforting to know Heavenly Father is there to help us, no matter what the situation. Thanks for sharing!
I love prayer, it's the answer to everything!
Post a Comment