Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labor Day

Sawyer got to go to Disneyland with Grandma and Grandpa Evans. Reddin's family and Marcus's family also went along. The poor people or those with jobs and school got to stay AKA the rest of the Neus family, Aubrey, and Trevor. Brendon and I, however, did go up to Eagar for a few days with Abby and Matthew to visit Grandma and Grandpa Neus. It was nice and cool, almost cold sometimes. It rained pretty much the whole time we were there, and almost felt winteresque, well for Mesa. Anyway, we came back Sunday night so we could enjoy the Labor day holiday. We cleaned and then we went bowling that afternoon with Aubs and Trevor. It was a fun time. I got 3 strikes and bowled over 100. I am not the greatest bowler but that was good for me. Sawyer beat everyone, even though she wasn't there, interesting. We had a coupon for a free game, up to 10 people. So Brendon takes advantage of that and signs his children up so he can bowl an extra game. After bowling Trevor went and helped feed the homeless while we got dinner together. We had a BBQ at our house and played Mariokart and Rockband on the Wii.
Aubrey, Brendon, Abby, and Trevor
Abby had so much fun she peed her pants. Actually, Abby is not the most fun to take bowling, shocking, I know. Anyway, she was off at the arcade area with Uncle Trevor and she started to go before she said potty and went to the bathroom. It was hilarious because she was walking all funny. We were almost done bowling so she was like this until we got home.
Trevor's turn.
Way to go!
Brendon's awesome release.
Here I go!
Aubs getting in on the action.
Way to go Abby, just a little help from dad and the ball dropper. Our children aren't allowed bumper lanes. This little contraption is Brendon approved. It helps the ball get a little more speed so it doesn't get stuck in the lane, plus it makes for a few less gutter balls.

After each of Abby's first throws Brendon would walk her back, have her look at the ball and the pins, probably talk to her about bowling, and then they would put her hand under the air. It was hilarious. I am sure when our girls go bowling on dates they will put the boys to shame. I am sure it will make their dad proud.

1 comment:

danberg said...

it cracks me up to think of brendons life goal to be a pro bowler. its awesome, just unexpected. :) looks like a fun weekend!