Thursday, February 18, 2010

Update on Matthew

This post is the start of why I got so far behind. I was waiting to get a recording of Matthew rolling over. To this day I still wouldn't be able to get it. The only time he rolls over on his own accord with no help is when he is on his back and he wants to go to sleep. Then I just got behind and overwhelmed. Then I just got tired and didn't want to do anything but sleep. So, I am finally ready to get caught up.


Today Matthew rolled from his back to his tummy all by himself! Even though he got his arm stuck underneath him. I don't think he will roll often, but I know with time it will become more frequent. I am just so happy with the progress that he has made. He is getting so much stronger especially in his trunk. He doesn't like to lay down anymore, and when you do lay him propped on a pillow, he tries to sit up. We still have a long road ahead of us but he is doing so well and I am so proud of him.

This is the closest I got to getting video of him rolling.





Also, before Christmas we got a call from the Geneticist saying that they got the results from his microarray analysis. He has a loss in the long arm of his 7th chromosome. What that means she didn't say. I believe she said it was rare, and would try to find info on it. Also, it looks like it gets better with time. So, Brendon and I got a microarray analysis to see if it was inherited from our genes. We are still waiting on those results. I believe after that we will meet with the Geneticist and find out more information. I think that is about all for now. He is doing well, and I love him so much! Update: We got tested and Brendon and I don't have a loss in our 7th chormosome. With that said that might be the explanation for Matthew's condition, but there is no information out there, or other cases to base it on, so the Geneticist can't be 100% sure that a loss in the 7th chromosome causes hypotonia. The next step is a muscle biopsy, which we are in the works of getting done.


This is from today. I was trying to hurry and get dinner put together before I gave Matthew his bottle, and he totally fell asleep in his high chair, so precious!

No comments: