As if life hasn't been stressful enough and eventful enough the last few months maybe a new calling and a car accident will. First of all the Sunday before Christmas the Bishop came over. I knew it was for me because Brendon just got called to the Young Mens. Originally last year when I was called as a primary teacher I had the feeling it was because I needed to see how primary was run because I would be in the presidency soon. Then the last week or so that Matthew was in the hospital I kept getting the feeling that I was going to be called as Primary President. I kept telling Heavenly Father that I couldn't handle that, but the feeling kept coming. When the bishop came he asked me if I knew why he was there. I told him I was getting a calling in the primary, in the presidency, Brendon piped in with Primary President. The Bishop confirmed this and I felt the spirit again reveal to me that this was what the Lord wanted regardless of how inadequate I felt or how stressed I was. The Bishop said that when they prayed about my name they felt the spirit so strongly. I am grateful for the spirit and that it prepared me for the news of this calling. Now I just hope it is with me as I do it. I am very nervous but I know I am not alone. About the car accident, I was at my sister-in-law's baby shower when I get a call from Brendon saying that his car was being towed away. Instantly I was like what more can go wrong. Brendon rearended the car infront of him when it stopped abruptly at a yellow light. Luckily everyone was fine. The girls were a little shaken up because the air bags deployed and Sawyer got a minor scrape on her arm and face from the seatbelt. The car was another story. His car is so cheap that it just munched it. The other car was a big American car and it just had a small dent and scratches on the bumper. One blessing from this is that the car got totaled and so now we have money to buy a bigger car. Something that we were wanting since Matthew was born. We just couldn't afford it. This way we will have a good chunk to help out. The bad thing is Brendon's car was the one that we were wanting to keep because it is newer and gets better gas mileage. The Lord works in mysterious ways. We needed a bigger car and with Brendon getting in the accident it opened up a way for that to happen. I just wish it wasn't his fault. Oh well, I know that we will be blessed and everything will work out for the best as long as we have faith and trust in the Lord.
2 weeks ago
3 comments:
BYE!
I find it very comforting when Heavenly Father prepares us for what we are going to have to deal with, whether we feel ready for it or not. Just know that Heavenly Father WILL bless you and increase your ability to handle EVERYTHING, not just your new calling. You will look back in a few years and see how much of a blessing all of this is. There WILL be days that you will wonder if you can still make it, but just at that moment, He will take your hand and carry you the rest of the way. It's really odd how it all works out, but just knowing that Heavenly Father is aware of you and your needs is so comforting. You WILL be blessed with the things that you need when you need them. You will be amazed at how everything will work out just as they should during this time. I'll keep you and your family in our prayers.
BTW, Jayke was SO concerned about Sawyer when he learned about the accident. He came home from church and told us ALL about it!
We got your Christmas Card today! It was cute!!! I haven't seen your little boy yet, he's a cutie! I'm so sorry for all that you guys are going though. I sure wish there was something we could do for you! From your Blog and Christmas card, it sounds like he's doing better. I sure hope so. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment