There are many reasons why I haven't posted in the last few weeks, the main reason being that my life doesn't have anything exciting going on. Well, exciting for me maybe but not for the populous. Another reason for my lack of entries is because I have no time. What little time I have is now spent doing Primary stuff or taking a few moments for myself so I don't go insane. Here are a few of the things that have been happening around the Neus household.
Monday January 12th
We bought a new car, well new to us. We got a 2005 Nissan Armada and I love it. I just don't love the gas it eats, but what do you expect going from a car to a big SUV? Anyway, we got that and dropped off the rental that we had and then we went to Amazing Jakes for dinner and FHE. We had a lot of fun, especially the girls riding rides and playing games.
Monday January 12th
We bought a new car, well new to us. We got a 2005 Nissan Armada and I love it. I just don't love the gas it eats, but what do you expect going from a car to a big SUV? Anyway, we got that and dropped off the rental that we had and then we went to Amazing Jakes for dinner and FHE. We had a lot of fun, especially the girls riding rides and playing games.
Here is our lovely new car. Abby and Sawyer riding on a roller coaster!
Tuesday January 13th
Matthew had his Occupational Therapy (a type of physical therapy) and he wasn't very happy. He had a cry that sounded like leave me alone and let me sleep. He is getting stronger but he still has a ways to go until he is where he should be age wise. After his appointment we stopped by Grandma Evans' to pick up Abby and we got a picture with Grandpa to show off his shirt.

Thursday January 15th
Matthew had a Modified Barium Swallow (MBS) test done. Basically he swallows different textures of barium and they take an x-ray of his swallow. From this we verified that he does in fact aspirate while swallowing (gets liquid into his lungs). So with these results he needs speech therapy to help his with his swallow muscles. So my son just needs to strengthen his neck and swallow muscles and we will be good to go, I hope. Unfortunately we don't know how long that will take. In the meantime we have Occupational Therapy/Physical therapy weekly and speech therapy twice a month for awhile.
Saturday January 17th
I had my first responsibility as Primary President. Our stake had primary kickball. It was fun to be with the children and get to know them a little better. From there I went to Sawyer's first soccer game. It was pretty funny because they hadn't practiced much and some of them didn't really know what they were doing, Sawyer included. Plus she gets pretty tired quick and one time she was kicking the ball down the field and then just stopped. I'm sure as time goes on she will get better.

Matthew had his Occupational Therapy (a type of physical therapy) and he wasn't very happy. He had a cry that sounded like leave me alone and let me sleep. He is getting stronger but he still has a ways to go until he is where he should be age wise. After his appointment we stopped by Grandma Evans' to pick up Abby and we got a picture with Grandpa to show off his shirt.
Thursday January 15th
Matthew had a Modified Barium Swallow (MBS) test done. Basically he swallows different textures of barium and they take an x-ray of his swallow. From this we verified that he does in fact aspirate while swallowing (gets liquid into his lungs). So with these results he needs speech therapy to help his with his swallow muscles. So my son just needs to strengthen his neck and swallow muscles and we will be good to go, I hope. Unfortunately we don't know how long that will take. In the meantime we have Occupational Therapy/Physical therapy weekly and speech therapy twice a month for awhile.
Saturday January 17th
I had my first responsibility as Primary President. Our stake had primary kickball. It was fun to be with the children and get to know them a little better. From there I went to Sawyer's first soccer game. It was pretty funny because they hadn't practiced much and some of them didn't really know what they were doing, Sawyer included. Plus she gets pretty tired quick and one time she was kicking the ball down the field and then just stopped. I'm sure as time goes on she will get better.
We got in one picture before our camera died. She looked so cute dressed in all her soccer stuff.
Tuesday January 20th
Matthew had 3 appointments today. It was a crazy day but so nice to get them all done with. We started our day off by heading out to Phoenix with rush hour traffic to get to an 8:15 appointment with Dr. Pasternak the gastroenterologist. He got weighed and he is now 10 lbs 2 oz. I was quite surprised. When we saw him 2 weeks ago Matthew weighed 8 lbs. 14 oz. The doctor was pleased with his weight gain. It was funny when he came in he said, " He is doing really good. It's because of me." He was kidding but I told him no it's the truth. Matthew is just looking better. He is getting stronger even though we have a ways to go. He is lifting his head a bit more when he is on his tummy and can hold it up for a little bit when he is being held up. Later that day we had both occupation therapy and speech therapy. It was a busy day but it was a good day.
Matthew had 3 appointments today. It was a crazy day but so nice to get them all done with. We started our day off by heading out to Phoenix with rush hour traffic to get to an 8:15 appointment with Dr. Pasternak the gastroenterologist. He got weighed and he is now 10 lbs 2 oz. I was quite surprised. When we saw him 2 weeks ago Matthew weighed 8 lbs. 14 oz. The doctor was pleased with his weight gain. It was funny when he came in he said, " He is doing really good. It's because of me." He was kidding but I told him no it's the truth. Matthew is just looking better. He is getting stronger even though we have a ways to go. He is lifting his head a bit more when he is on his tummy and can hold it up for a little bit when he is being held up. Later that day we had both occupation therapy and speech therapy. It was a busy day but it was a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment