Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Matthew's 1st Birthday!

Yeah, Matthew turned 1! We are so excited that he has made it this far. A year ago it was pretty scary and we are so glad that he was able to stay with us. I love this little boy more than words can express. He is so much work and at times I wish for a normal baby, but at the same time he has taught me so much and he is so special I wouldn't trade him for the world. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father has enough faith and trust in me to send me this special little boy. We celebrated his birthday the day after with the Neus' because Grandma Neus was in town. Here Matthew is on his actual birthday, boy what I didn't know then. How precious, though.
Matthew with Grandma Neus
Matthew and Hunter making silly faces.
Matthew unwrapping his presents.
The spread of desserts. Since Matthew can't eat cake and the traditional birthday stuff I decided to make different stuff for his birthday treats. I made a toffee trifle, heavenly lime cheesecake, and chocolate chip cookies, yummy!
We sang Happy Birthday! Look at him sitting up to the table like a big boy! Thanks to the bumbo chair. My how he has grown.
Matthew got pudding for his "cake".Mmmm, yummy. Actually he wasn't too fond of it. I think it's because it was cold, but with this boy who knows! All in all it was a great birthday and a wonderful celebration!

No comments: