
Last year on this very day Matthew went to the hospital for failure to thrive. Upon arrival, he was rushed back to the ER, I felt like I was on TV and his room was suddenly full of people and I hear words like septic. Thankfully, it took me a few days to realize what that meant, and how close I was to losing my son. He is such a fighter! I am so thankful for him and for the opportunity I had to keep him and raise him. I cherish everyday I have with him. It is crazy to think of a year ago him lying almost lifeless on a bed, needing machines to keep him alive while he fought off the disease. It has been a long hard year. Although he is so much stronger he still has more to accomplish. However, he has gone from "the lump" to an active, well at least for him, little boy who loves to laugh and is talking/babbling and moving more everyday. I love him and I am so grateful for him. He is teaching me so much and helping me to learn patience. It was kind of ironic, today Matthew had therapy and they have moved into the hospital with all the pediatric care. So, on the anniversary of his hospital stay he was there at the hospital. I just thought it was funny. Thankfully, it was under better circumstances and he is doing amazing. He couldn't stop talking today in therapy it was great!
Here Matthew was after being admitted and intubated. He was 2 weeks old on this day.
Here my little buddy is a year later, isn't he handsome!
2 comments:
He is SO cute ! I am so happy to hear that he is doing well...I can't believe he is 1 year old already !
the Neus' are blessed with beautiful kids.
Post a Comment