Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Greer

While Travis and Stephanie were down from New York we went as a family to a cabin in Greer to get out of the heat and to have a little family reunion. It was so nice up there and so beautiful. We did crafts, had scavenger hunts, visited, read, played games, went on hikes/walks, played on the roller coaster as the kids called it, ate, and much much more.
Here the grandkids are decorating their bags Grandma made for them to carry their stuff in they would get throughout the week.
There is Sawyer's masterpiece.
Abby was sleeping while this was going on so I made hers later with her. Well, mostly I did it.
This is what Matthew was doing while the bags were being made so again I made his later with help from Sawyer.
I think Stephanie was trying to keep Collin entertained so she could make dinner so she put on Curious George for him on his portable DVD player. Soon the others joined in, it was too cute.
Collin was so cute he would smile and laugh at the movie plus I think he loved having all those cousins around him. He thought he was in heaven.
Abby enjoying the weather, while coloring outside. See there are times she can be calm.
Here are the kids on their scavenger hunt. The girls took turns reading the clues while everyone took turns finding the clues.
Here they just got the clue out of Uncle Travis's back pocket. What a silly place to hide it Grandma!
After they found the box of stuff Grandma would give them a little lesson about Christ and would have a fun treat/toy that went along with her lesson.
I think this was the lesson that Christ is the Light, and they got glow sticks, or something to that effect.
One afternoon we went fishing but we didn't catch anything. Sawyer did feel a tug but no bite.
Brendon would cast the line and then hand the pole over to Sawyer.
He would then sit and wait and slowly reel it back in.
I was trying to keep Abby busy since she wasn't fishing so we went over to the small waterfall and we were throwing things in the water and watching it go down the fall. This is a picture from where we were.
The girls on our way back from our exciting fishing expedition. Don't the girls look so thrilled.
Brendon trying to get a picture of the girls because I asked him to. I wanted action pictures and he got posed ones. This is the before picture...
... this is the after picture. I think he told them to smile and be nice. It is a cute picture though.
Sawyer and Ruth.
Matty, what a cute little dude. We actually got a nice picture of him smiling.
The men and the kids went out for some evening fishing, again no luck though.
Sawyer and her dad fishing again.

No comments: