Friday, July 23, 2010

Eagar Fun!

When Brendon came home he left Sawyer up in Eagar with Grandma Neus. They had a lot of fun and did a lot of fun things. She was able to play with her friend Erica everyday. They went to the park, to the lake, watched movies, did crafts with Grandma Neus, and much much more. Sawyer got to go into Show Low with Grandma and even got to eat out a few times, lucky her. One weekend Grandma Neus came down to the valley to have a birthday dinner with her mom so Sawyer got to spend the weekend with Grandpa. He took her to see The Prince of Persia and out to eat! She says she missed me but she only called once to tell me it was raining and to rub it in. I don't think she missed me that much.


While we were home without her we had a good time going to Grandma Evans' and playing at home. Abby was in 7th heaven. She slept in Sawyer's bed and got to play with her animals. She thought it was so great. It was actually nice not having the two girls fighting. Abby was very pleasant and a great help. Everytime I asked her to pick up things she would. One day she even came in and said I cleaned my room mom. It was so nice, but I missed Sawyer.


On the 14th of July I drove up with Matthew and Abby to go spend sometime in the cool weather. It has been great! The weather has been wonderful, and the kids love to go to the neighbors and to the park. They keep busy and out of my hair. Monday through Friday the school does breakfast and lunch at the park so most days the girls go over there and eat. We have relaxed, and had a great time. We were sad, though, because Grandma Neus had to go down to Mesa unexpectedly because we found out Uncle Brian, her son, has colon cancer. I am glad she went to be with him but we sure do miss her here.

These are the projects/crafts that Sawyer did with Grandma Neus while here by herself. Sawyer made her projects, and Grandma did ones for Abby, the A and the birdhouse. Sawyer also painted and decorated a treasure box, and on a rainy day they made salt dough, which is the snake by the S.

The first Saturday I was up here there was a health and wealth fair at the park. I wasn't feeling good so I didn't go over there to check it out. Next thing I know the girls come back with all this free stuff. Backpacks, bags, books, pencils, crayons, rulers, stickers, coupons, tattoos, balloons, notepads, bookmarks, posters, magnents, stencils, buckets, and all sorts of stuff. SCORE!This is all of Sawyer's stuff!
This is all of Abby's stuff!
This is the next project the girls did with Grandma Neus. We were present for this fun craft. I forgot to take pictures of the process because I was busy making Abby's flip-flops. Abby's are the green ones. I went a little crazy with the material strips, oh well!
The next project I headed up because we didn't do them before Grandma Neus left for Mesa. Let me tell you the prep work was a little more involved than I thought but the end result was nice. Here is Sawyer working on tying her blanket.
Again I did Abby's for her so here she is reaping the benefits of my work, while Sawyer finishes her blanket up.
Here is the finished product of Abby's blanket and flip-flops.
And here is Sawyer's finished projects that were done while I was here.

No comments: