Monday, July 19, 2010

The 4th of July!


This year for the Fourth of July Brendon went up to Eagar with all of the children. I needed to stay because was the only one that would be at primary. Plus, I wanted a weekend all to myself. Let me tell you it was so weird being alone, it was the first time ever without my children for an extended period of time. I had to work Friday and just went out with my sister for dinner. Then on Saturday morning I went to see Eclipse with my mom and sisters. Afterwards we went to lunch. That evening we swam and had a BBQ at my mom's. That night we watched fireworks up on her roof. Sunday, I had church and then we had break the fast with the whole Evans family. Monday I went to the movies with a friend of mine and then I went to my mom's for dinner. That was my Fourth of July weekend. It actually was quite nice to have a weekend to myself but I definately missed my family.

Brendon took of late afternoon Friday with the kids and his sister to head up to Eagar. They got there that evening. On a side note on the way there Matthew cried most of the way. Also, right outside of Eagar Abby thought it would be neat to stick her finger down her throat. Well, needless to say she gagged and threw up. Lucky Brendon! Saturday morning they went to the pancake breakfast at the park. Later they went to watch the parade.

Abby and one of her classic faces, boy do I love this girl.

Sawyer and Erica waiting for the parade to start with their wagon full of water and candy to sell. Sawyer made about $6 while up in Eagar at the parade and another day she went to the park and sold water. Sawyer waiting for the parade, doesn't she looked thrilled. What a cute boy! Happy 4th of July! The group waiting for the parade to start. Dad and Matthew watching the parade, with Grandma in the background.
Abby watching the parade. Yes, a piece of candy! He, he I got a piece of candy! Sawyer and Erica watching the parade. Every year this ward has a really neat float. Last year they did the Statue of Liberty and she went up and down. This year they had Abraham Lincoln, he sat in his chair and... ...then he would stand up.
Later that night they went to watch the fireworks at the Eagar Airport. Abby and Grandma Neus waiting for the fireworks to begin.
Only a face a mother could love (both of them). Brendon thought this picture was so funny. He said Matthew looks like he's dead. Thus I decided to put it in since Brendon liked it so much.
Aunt Katie and Matthew watching the fireworks.A picture of the fireworks.
The girls watching the fireworks from the car.



Sunday evening they built a fire and roasted marshmallows. The girls have wanted to do this the past couple of times that we visited Grandma Neus. Starting to cook our mellows.
Almost done cooking my marshmallow.
Just perfect, now it's time to eat it. So, good!
The group eating their marshmallows. I got marshmallow all over my face! Mm, I love marshmallows!

I almost forgot a most important part of the weekend. Brendon had the car all packed and ready to go. He just needed to feed Matthew and then he'd be on his way. He told the girls they could go play at the park. As they started running they got tangled in one another and Abby tripped over her feet and her head landed straight on the ground in the rock driveway. Head wounds bleed a lot and so it looked really bad. Brendon's mom got her in the car and said lets go to the ER. They cleaned it out but it didn't need stitches, so needless to say they left about 4 hours later then planned. They didn't get a picture right after it happened. This is a few hours later when they stopped to eat, notice her full mouth. Grandpa Neus took a picture with his phone and sent it to me. That is why the quality is not the best.

1 comment:

AUBREY said...

Ha ha oh goodness how I miss the Babbit, and Sawyer I've completely forgotten about that child it's been so long. Love the marshmellow pictures though. I'm going to have to tag 'a face only a mother could love' picture as my favorite--so stinking funny.