Friday, July 17, 2009

A Day Trip

To start off on Monday I went to Phoenix Children's to get Matthew's blood drawn. They poked him in both his hands, his foot, and his head. They only got half of what they needed. I was happy though because that was better than the previous times. I needed to go back and since Matthew has therapy on Tuesdays, Wednesday was the winner. That morning I dropped my girls off at my friend, Natalie's. I took Matty in and they got part out of his arm and the rest out of his head. So after 5 visits to the lab and 11 sticks mission complete. I am only going there for draws, they were wonderful. Not only is Matthew a bit of a hard draw but once they stick him his blood flows so slowly that it clots before they can get all that they need. Unfortunately this isn't the last of the blood work. Depending on what these tests say we may need more. Side note on Matthew, he is doing well and is improving slowly. Slowly being the operative word. I can't ask for more than that though. He is now batting things with his hands and he is better about grabbing things. I still don't think he's made the connection of, "I'm the one doing this!"

Anyway, on to my day trip. After Matthew was done we headed back to Natalie's and loaded up the cars and a group of us went to Michelle's cabin in Strawberry to surprise her for her birthday. It was so fun. We visited, played games, got pedicures, ate cake and ice cream, and did a music video. It was a fun and exhausting day! My girls did really well. Sawyer was off with Michelle's nephew all day long and Abby stayed in or around the house playing with others.

In the process of getting pedicures. And boy was I in need of one. I hadn't done a thing to my toenails in months. It was sick, thanks Nat.

Our cute toes after our pedicures.

Michelle's yummy Oreo ice cream cake.

Hanging out after the dance add-on game. I love Michelle's family. They are crazy and are willing to do anything. The party group, it was fun to drive up for the day and just again relax and have a good time. Me, Michelle, her son Michael, Bobbi, Stephanie, her baby Nevaeh, Becky, and Natalie.

No comments: