Friday, August 28, 2009

Update on Matthew

Just a quick update on Matthew he has gotten his second tooth on the bottom gums and he is working on both of the front top ones. I think he will look silly with those since he doesn't act like a baby who should have teeth. Also, round one of testing down and they all came back in the normal range which is wonderful. He doesn't have myotonic dystrophy or a disorder known as LCHAD, yeah! He was referred to AZEIP and DDD and was accepted, so he will soon transition to this program through the state. It is good because they will be with him for as long as he needs it, and they will do therapy at the house, yeah less driving. I am all about that! Also, Matthew apparently has lost weight. He was in the 25th percentile and dropped to the 5th, which is not so great. He no longer was getting all the rice cereal in his bottle that he used to because I found affordable thickener. Anyway, I was hoping to be done with the GI doctor, but with the dip in percentile, he will still be seen for weight checks, yeah! I just want him to get what he needs to be healthy and develop. I think that is all that is new with him. He is getting stronger, and he is doing really good about grabbing at things, especially when he is laying down. He still isn't rolling over or sitting, but he is using core muscles more than before. He has reached many of the goals his occupational therapist has set for him. I am pleased with the progress thus far. I just need to remain patient and focus on his developments, not what others are doing. It's just hard sometimes, I'm not perfect. I love him so much and I am grateful for him. Here is a video of him grabbing at toys and talking. Keep in mind he wasn't doing most of this 3 months ago.

No comments: