Sunday, November 30, 2008

So Many Things to be Thankful For

I was trying to do this post on Thanksgiving but it didn't happen. It was an interesting Thanksgiving since part of it was in the hospital. We started off the morning with Brendon going to the hospital while I took the girls to the Turkey Trot. This is a tradition that my dad's family has been doing for many years. It was fun to see my cousins and let the girls play with their cousins.

Were we are watching for our family members to cheer them on to the finish of the 10K
Just visiting before breakfast.Mmm, lots of yummy food. Of course Sawyer went for the donuts.


The kids had fun going down the hill in the wagon. Even Uncle Reddin got in on the action.After that Brendon came and got the girls to go to his family's festivities while I went to the hospital. Today was a day for Thanksgiving because Matthew got the extubated today. Now you can see his face and I can hold him anytime I want. It was a wonderful day.

Here he is afterwards with oxygen to make sure he keeps the oxygen in his blood and to help him breath easier. On Friday he got the oxygen taken off. What a handsom guy!So easy to hold now

During the day we all go to our in-laws so my parents were all alone so after they ate they came and hung out with me at the hospital. Later that night we went over to their house for turkey, rolls, jello salad, and pie; and to visit with my brothers and their families. All in all it was a pretty good day. It would have been nice to not be in the hospital, but I am so thankful Matthew is getting better and no longer needs the breathing machine.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

OOoooo! He is soooo handsome! What a strong little guy! Can't wait to hold him! Love you all!