Friday, May 08, 2009

My Poor Little Guy

Well finally after 6 months Matty was healthy enough and strong enough to get circumcised. After our fun with the MRI, I made sure to let everyone know that he could not be put under. They let me know that he wouldn't be given a narcotic that would really put him to sleep. He would be given gas though a mask and then an epidural. He did really well and was not happy when I went back into recovery. He was hungry, and as soon as I was given the clear I was able to feed him and he was all good. He was numb for the next 6 hours or so. It was sad about the time everything wore completely off he woke up and was a little whinny and I could tell he was in some pain. All in all he is doing well and I am so glad to have that part or his life over with. I am so happy though, I feel like he is moving right along and getting closer to normal, whatever that is? I guess just one more check off the list, yeah! I didn't have my camera so I took some pics with my phone. Seriously, how did people survive with out cell phones.

Matthew was waving his arm so fast, that is why it looks invisible.

Way to go buddy!

No comments: