As many of you know Abigail is crazy. She is very tiring and out of control. I try to teach her how we should act and the things that are and aren't appropriate. I sure hope some day it finally sinks in. I don't know how many times I have told her we don't go out front. Last Wednesday she went out into the garage and was playing like she normally does. I was all around the house gathering laundry and getting out stains and such, when I got the feeling to check the garage and see how Abby was doing. When I opened the door to my horror and surprise the garage door was open about 3 feet or so. I was like, "Oh crap!" I immediately run outside in my pajamas and barefoot. I go over to the neighbor's front yard, she likes to go over there and play. No, Abby. So I decide to go over to "the rock park" as Sawyer calls our retention basin. Nope, no Abby. About this time I begin to panic a little bit wondering how long she was out and where she was. As I am running down the street I see Abigail outside of our neighborhood, outside the gate! I was like no way. She was down by the gate, I think trying to get in, maybe she just went out, but to me it looked like she was trying to come in. I got her and yes then I spanked her, I know terrible mom. I wanted her to know that, that was NOT okay. I am not sure but she loves the garbage man and he was coming around, so I think she went outside to watch and then I think she followed him out one gate, and when I found her she was trying to get back in. Who knows?
Then on Tuesday while I was at therapy with Matthew, Abby escaped out the front door of my parents home. My mom came downstairs to find the front door open and Abby no where to be found. She had wandered out and a neighbor had found her and took her down to another neighbor's thinking it was their daughter, but no she belongs unfortunately to the Evans'.
Friday at my parents, she got out again when she was thought to be in the backyard. Once again she was nowhere to be found in the house, so Sawyer ran around trying to find her. She found her in the backyard of the same neighbor's home as the previous time. When Sawyer got my dad and got back Abby was gone. So they went around to the front and the neighbor was just coming out to bring her back home. She went out the front and their gate to the back must have been open so she went all the way back and then when she was done, she helped herself into their house! Aside from tying her up I don't know what to do. Knowing her she'd figure out how to get herself out of that one anyway. Any advice? Anyway, later that night she was at my mother-in-laws being watched. She was taking a bath and must have brought some toilet paper into the water. Well, we all know what happens when toilet paper gets wet. She must have realized this isn't good, so she threw one roll into the toilet and flushed it. Well, the toilet didn't like that very much and so it overflowed. I really hope we grow out of this stage and we become a person that I can take out in public. Right now that is tough and I would like to go places or would like to not feel tied down with a crazy 2 year old. If only she could give some of her energy and strength to Matthew. Too bad! I am sure she will survive to see her 3rd birthday!
2 weeks ago
6 comments:
We took Jayke to magic mountain for his 1st b-day (i know it was for us not for him). We were afraid someone might run off with him, so we bought a child leash to keep him attached to us. You are always welcome to borrow it and use it. It velcros in the back, so she probably won't be able to get it off w/o you knowing. You could just lead her around all day and show her what mommies do. ;-)
lately i've been watching commercials for a child lo-jack system, basically. maybe you should get one for abby. or convince the police department to put one of those house arrest anklets on her so everyone gets notified when she gets out the door! locks that require a key on both sides should do the trick as well, but it would stink to feel like you live in a prison!
i like the above comment. it wouldn't hurt to put something on her and get this alarm system so when she goes past the front yard, the alarm goes off. its that or just put locks on the doors that she can't reach, even with a chair and check to see if there is some type of lock for the garage door so it can't be opened. i don't know what to do about your moms house. that place is so huge.
we'll do our part and not laugh when she walks inside with no pants on. maybe she'll stop.
OK...a little hint from a mother of 4...get the safety locks at home depot and install them...especially at your parents house! It takes 2 screws to install them...easy-peasy! I've had them since Courtney...they work! They are in this house too! I had one on the garage door too..'cause believe me...they learn FAST how the garage door opens!
Carrie if you think 2 is bad... just wait 3 gets worse! My little Katie is your little Abby. Adam might deserve a child so crazy... but do I have to suffer through it too???
I just Love her! I know it is because she isn't mine...but she cracks me up. Always has. There are door beepers that are a pretty inexpensive that beep when they separate from each other. One in the door frame, one on the door...sparate....beep. You aren't a bad parent for spanking her when she really could have been hurt. But, did she even react?
Post a Comment