Sawyer's birthday was yesterday October 17
th. We started the day out at Grandma Evans' while I went to the gym, she got some presents from Grandma. Then she was off to school where she got to wear a crown and she got a certificate and pencil for her birthday. As soon as she got home we were going to a picnic for dad's work. After the picnic we were going out to eat for her birthday. When she got home we started to get ready. She was getting Abby in the car for me while I was gathering the last few things. I was walking by the back door and I thought I had better feed and water Molly (our dog). I got the food and I was bringing the water back onto the porch when I tripped/got caught/ran into this
wond
erful yard tool. At first I was like ow! that really hurt. I started thinking about what it was that I ran into and thought I had better check it out to make sure that I wasn't cut. I looked down and saw some blood. I took off my flip flop and sure enough I was cut pretty bad. I put pressure on it and felt pulsing and the pain. Mind you I am 9 months pregnant bending over putting pressure on my foot trying to walk inside. I finally got inside sat on the ground, and luckily Sawyer came in to see what was taking so long. I told her to bring Abby in because I got hurt. I then called Brendon and then my parents, and let them know I had a hole in my foot. My mom and dad got there and helped clean and bandage my wound. As soon as Brendon got home him and my dad gave me a blessing and my parents took the girls and I went to the ER.
Because of all that went on I didn't get a picture of how it looked when it first happened and these were taken at the hospital with Brendon's camera phone. Here is my lovely puncture wound.
Here I am soaking my foot trying to clean it and get all the bacteria out. Hopefully it did so I don't have to worry about infection. 
Here I am soaking and waiting to be checked and stitched up.
Here is my wonderful wound all stitched up. This was perfect timing for this to happen. Not only did I ruin my poor daughter's birthday (luckily we celebrated it last week) but I am due in about 4 days. Talk about wonderful timing. I am now unable to walk around without crutches, I can't put any pressure on it right now. I just pray that it will heal quickly. It is hard being a mother especially with an Abby and not able to do a dang thing for my family or myself. It is funny though as much as my life is mundane with taking care of my children and cleaning my house, I miss it and wish I could do it.
2 comments:
just a scratch!!!! if it swells anymore, i'd go back to the doctor to make sure there are no infections or anything. because its in your foot, the drainage really has no where else to go!
At least your toe nails look cute!
Post a Comment