Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sawyer's Birthday Party

Because the baby's due date is 4 days after Sawyer's birthday, we decided to do her party a week early, just to be safe. My children tend to come on the worse possible day so I just wanted to eliminate one. She said she wanted it at Peter Piper Pizza. I thought that was perfect because it holds both families and I don't have to clean before or clean up after. It turned out really nice and I think she had a lot of fun.
Here she is with her girl cousins Lauryn and Ruth.

Sawyer in action opening her presents.
This was a neat wall hanging that Grandma Neus made for Sawyer. It says Once Upon a Time There was a Little Princess... And then underneath it has the letters of her name. It is so cute.
Here Ruth is showing all the neat things in the craft box she gave Sawyer for her birthday, and making sure she sees the cool cards she made. Sawyer wanted a Princess birthday cake. I am cheap so like I'm going to buy one. So this is the concoction I came up with. The funny thing, and I realized this on the way home, she doesn't really like cake anymore. Until that changes I am no longer making her cakes. Hallelujah because she thinks of these cakes and I have to try and figure out how to make them. This one wasn't too bad, I just had to go to a few stores looking for princesses.

Happy Birthday to Sawyer!
Sawyer got a makeup case with tattoos, jewelry, fake nails, and of course makeup. She said she didn't want the nails so I told her we could throw them away. Like I care, one less thing in my house, plus they don't usually last long. Well, I told her to put them on and see what it looked like and then we would take them off and throw them away. While I was putting them on she said she looked like a witch.
Needless to say she didn't like them. Can you tell?

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Hey I have nails am I a witch???

Kristen said...

Was that the gift we got her? Of course!!! Next time I'm gonna get her a lum of coal...JK hahaha! Did she at least like the make-up?