Well, after being a week overdue I had a scheduled induction at 3pm on Monday. We got to the hospital and there were no beds available. Brendon hadn't eaten so he went and got food. Then we went to a few stores to look around. We didn't have anything else to do so we were going to go home and rest. I asked Brendon to stop by the hospital and we could check to see if they could give us a time frame. I didn't want to drive home lay down and then they give us a call to come back. After checking the lady at registration said to go home and get some rest. We got home and laid down and about 5-10 minutes we got a call saying they had a room for us. So much for trying to prevent that from happening. I got here about 3 hours after my scheduled time. About an hour later (7:00) I was hooked up with an IV and on Petosin. Around 12:30 I was dialated to a 3, and I got my epidural and I was progressing really slowly. Which was strange because my other deliveries went quite quickly. Anyway, they checked me at 3am and I was at a 4. They checked me again at 6am, and I was still a 4!!! I was like are you even kidding me. I started to think that this was going to take well into the afternoon at the rate I was going. Finally at 6:30 they called my doctor and he came in and popped my water. At about 8:30 the nurse checked and I was ready to go the head was down, I didn't even need to do any prep pushing before the doctor got there. They got my doctor here and I pushed 3 times on one contraction and out came the little guy. The grandma's missed the delivery, oh well. Here are some early pictures of my handsome little guy!
Matthew Evans Neus 6 lbs. 15 oz. 21 in. long
He's not too happy
6 comments:
Congratulations!!! I am so glad your delivery was easy. I love hearing stories like that, it makes me feel better:) We hope you recover quickly and we can't wait to see him and all of you in just under 2 months.
good job, carrie and brendon. i love my new nephew.
LOVE HIM!!! He's so cute...the pictures don't do him justice! You need a really good picture with a faux-hawk with all of that hair! Congratulations...and wait-to-blog right away!
He's a doll! I can't wait to hold him. :)
Carrie..I just saw your blog on Lindsey's! What a beautiful family and a handsome little guy!!!I can't believe Sawyer is that big, sheesh!
I am so sad that I couldn't make it to your baby shower, I would have loved to see you and everyone too!
Send me an email (dblanco@cox.net) and I will invite you into our blog. Congrats to you guys!
Congratulations! He is so precious. I am so glad you guys are all having babies and I am not!! Ha Ha.... He is so beautiful. What a beautiful family!
Post a Comment